If you’re looking for a simple summer salad to impress your friends with, but also won’t have you slaving away in the kitchen all day, then stop what you’re doing and MAKE THIS NOW!
I found this recipe in Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook and it exceeded all of my expectations. I expect nothing but great things from all Ina’s recipes, but this one was just so fresh, easy, and delicious that I was particularly impressed.
The fresh notes from the parsley and dill combined with the salty feta and lemon-y orzo is a combination that can’t be beat. Make this instead of potato salad for Labor Day and everyone will be asking for the recipe.
Roasted Shrimp & Orzo
- 3/4 box of orzo
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Few shakes of white wine vinegar
- 2 lbs. of shrimp, peeled and deveined (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup minced green onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- feta cheese
- S & P
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil salted water for orzo and cook according to package directions. Chop herbs and produce.
3.Place shrimp in a bowl and season with S&P, olive oil to cover, and a splash or two of white wine vinegar.
4. While the pasta cooks, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and S&P. When pasta is done, drain it and immediately pour the dressing over the hot pasta. Set aside.
5. Put shrimp on sheet pan and roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes until opaque.
6. Mix everything together, let the flavors marinate in the fridge, and eat at room temperature.