I have been meaning to try the method of cooking fish in packets for months now, but finally got the push I needed from my friend Katie over at Gluten Free Blondie when she posted her recipe for them. They’re fast, healthy, and there’s little clean-up— the trifecta of weeknight cooking.
The method really is easy as 1-2-3, all you need is some fresh veggies, a good piece of fish, and your favorite seasonings and spices and you’re good to go. You can use any veggies and seasonings that suit your mood or season, so don’t be afraid to stray from the directions. It’s more of a method, than a recipe. When they were done, the fish packet made for a healthy dinner that I served it with brown rice and my creamy corn.
Halibut Parchment Packets
- Halbut filets (1 per person)
- Tomato slices
- Green beans
- Sliced onions
- Lemon slices
- Fresh chopped basil
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- S & P
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Trim the green beans and slice the onions thinly. Dress with olive oil and season with S&P. Set aside.
2. Slice the tomato and lemon. Chop the fresh herbs.
3. Generously rub chopped herbs onto fish with olive oil. Season with S&P.
4. Assemble the fish packets by putting down green beans and onions first, followed by tomato slices, then the fish and the lemon slices on top. Cook for 15 minutes, or depending on the size of your fish until it is cooked through. You want the fish to flake apart easily when it is done.