Ranch dressing has become a condiment in America. Fueling obesity? Yes. But making your chicken fingers way better? That’s a yes too. Ranch isn’t just for your salad anymore, people. You can use it as a dip, a dressing, a side for crispy, fresh potato chips, or as a chaser. Just kidding 😉
Anyways—you know how some restaurants have the “good Ranch” and some just have the generic packets of Ken’s that are nothing special? No? Just me….? Bueller?
Well this homemade ranch IS the good ranch. It’s the ranch that makes you dip your entire chicken wing in it five times over. It’s the ranch you can dip fresh veggies in and before you know it, you’ve eaten a whole bag of carrots. It’s the good ranch, I promise.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Buttermilk (as needed to get the consistency you want)
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried chives
1.Mince the garlic and pour the salt on top of it. Mash with a fork to turn it into a paste.
2. Chop the herbs.
3. Stir all ingredients together besides the buttermilk. Pour in the buttermilk and whisk until you get the consistency you’re looking for.
4. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!