I have loved this Mexican dip for as long as I can remember. When people would make it for parties when I was younger, I always thought of it as a treat and nowadays whenever someone makes it, I can’t get enough. Dare I say it’s my favorite dip? This and buffalo chicken dip are really tied for the lead—but I won’t pick favorites, it’s just not fair.
I found this recipe for the “skinny” version on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot. Instead of using black olives on top, I used jalapenos and a little diced onion. Serve with tortilla chips and preferably a Corona!
Skinny Taco Dip
- 1 8 oz. block of reduced fat cream cheese
- 8 oz. of lite sour cream
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- reduced fat shredded mild cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- jalapenos (I used jarred)
- diced onion
1. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning in a bowl with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a shallow dish.
2. Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomato.
3. Next up sprinkle the cheese on top, and then the onion and jalapeno.