Sometimes (okay most of the time) a girl just wants some chocolate. And one night when I was in extreme need-chocolate-now mode, I found this recipe and realized I had all of the ingredients in the pantry. And the stars aligned. The birds started singing. And I thanked the pantry god that I was going to get some delicious chocolate cookies.
This recipe is great because most of the time you will already have the things you need stocked in your cupboard and won’t need to run to the store. So if you’re having a chocolate emergency—these cookies are your new best friend.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
*I doubled this and got about 5 dozen cookies.
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly with a fork.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla to the sugar and butter mixture.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture with the mixer on low speed. Mix until just blended.
6. Using a tablespoon or a small ice cream scooper, make small balls with the dough. Next drop them in the powdered sugar and roll into a ball.
7. Place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
8. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack and serve with a glass of milk to a chocolate craving lady.