These rice krispies treats are different from the standard ones because they are flavored with cake mix. Yep, you sprinkle in some of your favorite powdered cake mix with the melting marshmallows and you have cake batter rice krispie treats. These are a perfect snack to make for kids, for your best friends birthday, or for your Valentine.
If you’re making them as a Valentine’s day treat, simply let the rice krispie treats cool and then use a heart cookie cutter to make heart shapes. Spraying the cookie cutter with cooking spray before you begin will make the process easier.
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1 10.5 oz. bag of marshmallows
- 1/3 cup of powdered cake mix
1. Melt the butter in a pan and then add the marshmallows.
2. As the marshmallows melt, add the cake mix a spoonful at a time until incorporated.
3. Add the rice krispies and the sprinkles. Stir until mixed together and then press into a dish. Put more sprinkles on top.
4. Let cool for at least a half hour and then if desired, use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes.